Since the start of Liza’s career, she has focused her practice exclusively in the area of commercial real estate. Her practice involves advising clients on a wide range of real estate matters, including acquisitions, sales and financings of industrial, office, retail and residential properties, both tenant and landlord side leasing and all stages of the development process from rezoning through to building occupancy.
Liza believes strongly in ensuring that all members of her team are utilized in the best way possible. She prides herself on her ability to provide timely, cost-effective top-notch legal services to her clients.
When she is not at the office you will most likely find her walking her Frenchie or trying one of Vancouver’s newest restaurants with friends and a bottle of Barolo.
Liza’s recent work and projects
- Acting for large developers of multi-family residential developments in the Lower Mainland, including phased and mixed-use developments. Recent developments include “King George Hub” by The PCI Group in Surrey, BC, and “The Oaks” by Strand in Coquitlam, BC.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing acquisition and construction financing documents.
- Acting as lead real estate counsel to a railway company and its subsidiaries.
- Acting as lead real estate counsel to a local municipality.
- Acting for commercial landlords and tenants in the negotiation, drafting and review of leases for various office, industrial, retail, warehouse and strata premises, including negotiating anchor tenant leases.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing purchase agreements and acting for vendors and purchasers of office buildings, industrial properties and residential rental properties in British Columbia.
J.D. University of British Columbia, 2012
B.Sc. University of British Columbia, 2008
Admission to the bar
British Columbia, 2013
Memberships and activities
Canadian Bar Association – Vancouver Real Property Subsection
Law Society of British Columbia