Alex acts for a variety of developers, government bodies and non-profit organizations in connection with rezoning, complicated mixed-use developments and master planned communities throughout the Lower Mainland. He has built a reputation as a practical and results driven development lawyer. Alex also has extensive experience establishing limited partnerships and joint venture vehicles for the purposes of acquiring and developing real property in British Columbia.
Prior to entering law, Alex garnered valuable experience with his family-owned business. This provided an appreciation and perspective on the importance of delivering quality and practical legal services that can be relied upon by Davie Fane clients.
After many years practicing law and helping shape Vancouver’s real estate landscape, Alex believes a strong regional firm of professionals, sharing the same vision and commitment to their clients, is key to delivering cost-effective results.
Alex’s recent work and projects
- A developer in the development of a multi-phase strata development.
- A developer in connection with a leasehold strata development.
- A developer in connection with land assemblies for a development.
- A development manager in developing a commercial retail centre on first nation lands.
- A governmental agency with the acquisition or real property tenures and rights required in developing a hydro generation facility.
- Advising the project management team in the development of the Vancouver Convention Centre expansion project.
- Advising various health authorities on general property matters, including leasing and property sales.
- Purchasers in acquiring various forestry operations and related land tenures.
LL.B., University of British Columbia, 2007
B.A., McGill University, 2000
International Baccalaureate, United World College, New Mexico, 1998
Admission to the bar
British Columbia, 2008
Rankings and recognitions
• Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2017, 2021: recommended in Property Development; 2021: recommended in Property Leasing
Memberships and activities
Canadian Bar Association
Law Society of British Columbia
Past Co-chair, British Columbia Real Property Subsection
Past Director, Three Links Care Society